Adapted from Kirsten’s Kitchen
2 cups flour
1 cup turbinado sugar (or granulated sugar)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks (make sure they’re vegan!)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy/almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp dark molasses
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
– In another bowl, combine the vegetable oil, milk, vanilla, and molasses.
– Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands to get the mixture well incorporated.
– Roll dough into compact balls, place on a parchment paper-lined pan, and squish them down to form saucers.
– Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe yields about 16 cookies.